Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Enormous Responsibility Ahead

Last night I had a pretty big realization about the enormous responsibility of parenting.  It's not that I didn't realize that being your dad was going to be a big responsibility, it was more about what that responsibility entails and what's at stake.  Over the last few months I have really been trying the best that I can to mentally prepare for your arrival.  At the very moment that you arrive in this world, my life, along with your mother's will forever change.  At that very moment we will both take on the most important roles that we have ever had.  We will be parents.  Not just any parents, but your parents.  It will be our responsibility to love you, protect you, and teach you.  Who you grow up to be, will be a direct reflection of your mother and I and our parenting.  There's a lot at stake and your mom and I don't want to let you down.  It's our job to make sure that we create a stable, secure, and loving environment for you to grow and thrive in and pass on healthy beliefs and strong values.  Our success or failure will ultimately define who you are when you're older.  It's so important that your mom and I are successful so that you can grow up to be a loving, healthy, and happy individual.  This is the greatest responsibility your mother and I will ever have.  We both love you so very much!

Daddy
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment